"Great experience working with Bill"
It was a great experience working with Bill. He's knowledgable with the area. He spent a greatt deal of time with me, and I love, love, love my house!
You have a story to tell about me. You've worked with me, and I've helped you buy or sell a home. I need your feedback. Others need your feedback, too! Please take a moment to fill out this form and tell me how I did...
Short Sales >2. How to Request a Short Sale
If you are facing foreclosure and are considering selling your home as a short sale as an out, get in touch with a trusted real estate professional immediately. They will be able to assist you in the process of requesting to short sell your home.
- Your real estate agent will most likely tell you that some banks will not allow a short sale to happen. Contact your lender’s loss mitigation department and speak with a supervisor. Explain your financial situation and ask if you qualify to sell your home as a short sale.
- Ask the supervisor what documents you’ll need to proceed and make copies of those. (Depending on the lender this could be anything from bank statements, tax forms, pay stubs, etc.)
- Ask your real estate agent to come up with a comparative market analysis report to show your lender how much the home is worth based on home sales in the area.
- Write a letter of financial hardship detailing the reasons you are no longer able to make payments on your home.
- When you’ve completed all the aforementioned necessary paperwork, compile it together and mail it to your lender’s loss mitigation department.
- Pending your short sale application approval, request a deficiency release from the bank. The release absolves you of any obligation to pay the balance on the mortgage. If the bank refuses, continue to press the issue.
Over what famous building is aircraft forbidden to fly at any time?
No aircraft is permitted to fly over the Taj Mahal in India.
|See More Real Estate Trivia >
© Homes Media Solutions™, a division of Dominion Enterprises and/or its clients.
All rights reserved. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.